View Single Post
Old 07-14-2006, 08:14 AM
dmb911
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Default Air Safety Academy... any experience?

Hello everyone!, New to the Forum.
Got a quick question out there for students/instructors.
Currently a Comm/instrument/multi pilot with 210+ hours and am looking for a good place to get my CFI/CFII/MEI. I went to one of the large academy's in Florida but have since moved and would like to stay away from living there again. I looked at ATP, and for the price seems to be a pretty good gig however I don't want them dictating where I'm going to be teaching at. The other is I would rather not have to wait a while until i'm instructing, would like to start as soon as my ratings are finished. Started looking into AirSafety Academy in Phoenix. Looks to be pretty good (did a search on the forum and didn't find much about them). It's twice the price as ATP for the CFI's but give you about 3 times the hours to train in. Of course their using brand new Sr20's and am told that I could instructing very soon after finishing (meaning weeks, not months).
Does anybody have experience with these guys? Has anybody at least looked in to going/insructing there? I'm going next week to take a tour of school/area but would like as much input or information as possible.
Thanks for your help!!!