Old 09-27-2008, 06:04 PM
⌐ AV8OR WANNABE
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006

Originally Posted by viktorbravo View Post
The top of the captain pay scale in the newest contract just barely kept pace with inflation from the 1998 contract. Run the numbers and you will agree. FO pay got boosted quite a bit, and it needed to be boosted because FO pay was a serious B scale on how it was figured under the 98 contract. The captains basically got a COLA raise in the last contract, no mas.

Or maybe you guys are arguing about something completely different in which case, Im all effed up.........:-)
VB - I do see your point – however what I am saying is that if a 40 year old (average age in my class) was hired in the last year or so, why would he/she want the captain pay to go up in our next contract rather than the fo pay if they know they won't be in the left seat (due to the Dec 13th law) for at least 15 years or so?

In other words, wouldn't it make sense for them to be asking for the FO pay to go up to let's say 70% of the captains' pay?

Hey seriously - keep your body from hitting the floor all over again...

"Salty's quote - You are not effed up. You are correct about pay. We are both bubble junior Capts <g>. I stand by the pay getting corrected for F/O's. So I lost a gain in Capt pay, but eliminated that mill stone around the neck of the IPA"

I totally agree with Salty here , except you possibly being "effed up" - I trust you more on that issue...