View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 08:20 PM
proskuneho
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: Enjoying the view

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
This is a myth perpetuated by certain business interest who peddle training and other services to entry-level pilots. We may again see a shortage of entry-level regional pilots willing to work for $20K, but I doubt we will see a large shortage at the majors...especially if oil goes up and stays there. A few majors (Airways East and CAL) do have a lot of old guys though.

Actually it would be interesting to get hold of the demographics of all the US major airlines and generate a year-by-year retirement count.
Most of my management experience was with a national company that peddles training and other services to entry-level pilots. Perhaps each of us school directors were misled by our CEO and President at national meetings into baiting flight training prospects? I'm honestly not trying to argue, I'm just curious to know why you feel that the reports of a tidal wave of Vietnam vet era retirements is bogus?

If it is a bogus rumor meant to spike training, then I am a sucker who left a decent paying management job (with even better potential) to pursue a low paying job with the hopes that I might be able to recover my losses in a reasonable time frame.