Old 09-27-2008, 09:54 PM
Sideshow Bob
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: MD11 CPT

Originally Posted by SaltyDog View Post
Again, we agree more than we disagree, 56% that voted for the CBA included many Capts. Don't see how you can make a claim that F/O's alone threw us under the bus. Also agree that several F/O's were very immature and divisive and patently incorrect on the line and B&G. Not unique as several Capts were immature, divisive and patently incorrect. Hope you don't take all the marbles and go home, there are many who still can benefit from your leadership. We need it in the challenging times ahead!
Salty:

IMO more voted yes based on fear than they did based on the TA meeting their requirements. You and I lived under the M-scale that none of the new guys will have to, and we'll never get that money back, plus since no matter what we would like to believe as far as UPS is concerned (not me BTW) money is an inclusive pie. When UPS said if the F/O's get more captains get less I said get more pie, but we all know how it really works with them. Hence fixing the M-scale did in reality come out of our pockets, and those pockets are not endlessly deep. In '98 the captain's got the biggest bump, in the latest the F/O's did. If history is any indication....well