Old 09-27-2008, 10:09 PM
SaltyDog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Leftof longitudinal

Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
Salty:

IMO more voted yes based on fear than they did based on the TA meeting their requirements. You and I lived under the M-scale that none of the new guys will have to, and we'll never get that money back, plus since no matter what we would like to believe as far as UPS is concerned (not me BTW) money is an inclusive pie. When UPS said if the F/O's get more captains get less I said get more pie, but we all know how it really works with them. Hence fixing the M-scale did in reality come out of our pockets, and those pockets are not endlessly deep. In '98 the captain's got the biggest bump, in the latest the F/O's did. If history is any indication....well
Sideshow,
Probably recall I was also a vocal opponent of the CBA, but not for the money reasons. Definitley fear won the day. Posted the RLA timeline and we were barely into the real muscle of our options. Oh well, we blinked.
Also have stated on the B&G, it is time to rally the IPA and support the CBA. Othewise 2012+ will see a resounding repeat as 757upspilot fears. I'm an optimist. Time to get the momentum sooner than later. Glad we currently have more than one running for each position. Start in the right direction <g>
Hope all well! One of our classmates heading up to you in Jan.