Old 09-30-2008, 09:04 PM
quimby
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005

Originally Posted by Badgeman View Post
What are you saying? Are you saying it's still a good deal? Or are you mocking my disgust with the lack of due diligence that the people who operate the hiring websites seem to think they can live without? I mean, it's the applicant that has to completely divulge every last detail about themselves but the airline thinks it can just posts nebulous vagueries. It's like opportunistically fishing with a dragnet, not caring what kind of casualties arise from essentially "shot-gunning" the market.

BTW: CFI'ing is a far cry from what you call "observation flying". I take exception to your under-informed opinion. I could out-fly any hands-off, degenerated-flying-skill, 4th year F.O. any day, and probably even in his own RJ at that! You try simply "observing" as what amounts to a Captain with cardiac arrest tries ogering-in for the fifth time in 30 minutes. I don't see any FO's having to keep the flight from getting completely lost as he tries to teach his Captain a lesson about the difference between true and magnetic north. If you want to talk about keeping your cool, when was the last time an FO on a regional had to tell the captain 6 times in a row over a 15 second period he needed to stop climbing to stay out of over-lying class C air-space and not scream at him? Oh that's right I forgot FO's on regional airliners get their hands held through class A space exclusively. What about every student that puts you into a real life "engine out" emergency check list at least once during their privates by leaning out the mixture ALL THE WAY. When was the last time an auto-pilot primadona even looked at an emergency checklist while flying? "Observations flying". Ha!

You say, the minimums are just that...minimums...to APPLY. Are you trying to tell me that I actually have to fly 1000TT just to have the "privilege" of applying for a job I know I'm not going to get?? Why would I even send in an application for a job I know I'm not going to be considered for? NO, 1000TT means I will be seriously considered for a job as described at 1000TT. The regional airlines post the minimums that they a HIRING AT, not the minimums you become privileged enough to mail them toilet paper at.
Easy Yeager........you don't even know what you don't know yet.