View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 12:28 PM
FlyAstarJets
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: Frm. DHLAirways. Blue & White Boeing's Now. YEA!!

Originally Posted by UPSFO4LIFE View Post
I am beginning to think the deal will not be signed at all, leading to a complete pullout of DHL in NA. And yes, despite what you may believe, it is possible. Really sad to see a foreign company screw so many people here.
While a complete pullout can not be ruled out, it does not appear to be shaping up that way. The sale force just got pared down to something a little shy of where it was pre-Airborne buy. Word from station peeps is that the sales people that are left are being configured to cover N.A. exactly as they did pre-Airborne, IE: one or two covers two or three states. The clincher here is the mandate to service only international accounts.

I think it would be more accurate to say that DHL will cease to actively compete head to head with FDX and UPS domestically and concentrate on it's bread and butter international biz. Does this bode well for (AStar and ABXA)? No. I still think AStar is completely hosed. ABXA will continue to exist, but at a third of what they used to be.

Two airlines left in ruin by DPWN and their stupid view of world domination. Kind of reminds of the Falkland War when Argentina thought it could go toe to toe with Great Britain over a spit of land. Pure stupid.

Last edited by FlyAstarJets; 10-03-2008 at 12:37 PM.