View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 04:21 PM
Scoop
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: DAL 330

Originally Posted by Kingbird87 View Post
This is what I believe they call merger synergy. Exec say one plus one equals three. Market says one plus one equal one and a half. Cargo has been a unique entity for over 60 years, especially in Asia, and complementary to pax and part of NWA having a special relationship with Japan, Korea, Taiwan and now China. Now we'll have some whiz kid from Buckhead strip cargo over short term analysis. Even more amazing, Delta pilots on this board seem to be gleeful. Those are your jobs , I'd be pretty upset to see some marketing pud kick them down the stairs.
Kingbird,
I agree 100% that they are our jobs going away, but I am raising the BS flag about any DAL pilots being gleeful. Any reduction in pilot jobs at the new combined company is bad for all of us. Hell, I wish the DC-9's would stick around for 15 more years but I just don't think its realistic. I think a more accurate feeling is that with the 787 getting delayed so long we want to make sure the arbitrators have an accurate picture of any reductions in either sides fleet. As a matter of fact the transcripts for the first two days mirror the arguments we were having on these boards three months ago - NW's fleet shrinking and DAL's fleet growing modestly, but nontheless growing. In the interest of fairness it has been DAL's turn so far and I'm sure the NW sharks will make a similar case for their side when they are up to bat.

Scoop