Thread: Comair updates?
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 11:22 AM
irrelevant
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

Originally Posted by p1ayn View Post
My sentiments exactly. Currently my third airline and I have also experienced being furloughed and to boot with no notice. It is an empty feeling however it can be a blessing in disguise, only to add it is how you handle this turning it into an opportunity. I like many others am prepping for another career after 18 years of flying having Comair to thank for new outlook. Realizing the airline industry is in turmiol with every airline, their is a difference with sticking it out for a company someone has pride in being treated fairly ad with respect. It does exists out their experiencing it personally and even with times like these, I still hear it from other friends at other airlines despite the cutbacks. Comair has taken a direction 5 years ago in the treatment of their workforce and I personally have seen enogh to drive me away, at least psychologically for now.
Best of luck to all furloughed, make the best of this. Best of luck to all still here, including myself, keeping the survivability mentality.
Well written.

There are few jobs out there where the employees so closely monitor the performance and development of their employer.

If/when the style of management changes to something more collaborative, it'll be easier to care about the future of this company. Until then Selective Detachment® is the best method I've found for dealing with the level of disdain this company displays.

Now if the paychecks start bouncing....