Old 10-06-2008, 05:07 PM
SPDBOILER
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Yes & Yes!

Originally Posted by Bill Lumberg View Post
Let me guess, you are a bitter "Eastie" USAirways pilot?

You may be accurate, but time will tell whether this was a good decision. He doesn't have a great reputation on the labor front and he can be perceived as one of those "greedy executives," but he does offer some management sophistication that XOJet might need as it continues to grow. He has a solid business background and some high-profile backers who could come in handy - you never know. You could argue that 95% of airline executives are incompetent and greedy - look at Tilton at UAL.

Let's hope the founder stays involved as Executive Chairman and ensures his employees are looked after properly. Again, time will tell.
It is amazing that the same executives keep finding jobs in the industry after losing money at a previous airline. Perhaps this industry needs an injection of fresh blood. Then again, what do I know. I wouldn't be looking at these posts tonight except my cable carrier and our local CBS affiliate are not coming to terms. I am missing Two & Half Men tonight. Oh well, One Six Right is on Discovery.