View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 08:10 PM
Homa
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: 737 right seat

Originally Posted by kersplatt View Post
Because the union is getting ready to renegotiate the pilots contract and management wants to cry poor after turning a profit. It may give management some leverage to tell the union there will be more furloughs if pay is increased back to where it was a few years ago. Pilots agreed to a huge cut to help out the company temporarily and now management wants it permanant.

I know someone on the bottom of their seniority list and is on reserve but flying all the time. They really can't afford to let anyone go unless they cut back some of their flights.
The pilots here never agreed to take those huge paycuts. The draconian pay decreases were thanks to the lazy-ass arbitrator, who may have even been bought off. Mr. Kasher retired after he "ruled" on the Alaska case.

Ayer, Saretsky, and the rest of their cronies are nothing but a bunch of arrogant, pilot-hating SOBs.

AAG management types are control freaks. They think the airline is run by a bunch of idiots sitting in cubicles.

AAG treats its front-line employees like garbage. They like to intimidate and threaten the very same people who are supposed to practice the 5 core values and provide great customer service to the passengers.

Only if these morons would practice what they preached, AAG would be a great place to work.

MBAs and lawyers do not make good managers. They don't understand that in the customer-service business, you need to treat your people well.

I could write ten more pages on how messed up things are on the property here, but it's pointless.

When/if they start hiring pilots around here, I'm going to go out of my way to turn people away from this place. AAG is nothing but a bunch of PR and glitter. Inside, it's a worm-infested, decaying corpse.

As for myself, I've been looking around at other opportunities and will take another job in a heart-beat. The only thing that will drastically change AAG is a clean-sweep of the management team and a complete shift in attitude and how business is conducted. Let me tell you, I have a better chance of winning the lottery than that ever happening.

Good luck everyone.