View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 09:37 PM
FR8Hauler
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006

Originally Posted by AL E NEWMAN View Post
Ahem, in the meantime we have peer pressure to exert, get the word out; shun the oldsters who bid the 777. Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice..well, we know how the LOA for foreign domiciles turned out.
I hate to be a nay sayer, but there is no way a lot of guys are not going to bid this. I think they are crazy, but it will have some guys that would even fly it for narrow body rates that are senior and then a bunch of junior guys who will be able to hold wide body that could not otherwise. I think we are taking the wrong tactic on this because it won't work. There have been a hundred other things we could have done in the past to influence decisions that would have probably worked which we did not do. Now we are going to try talk people into not bidding a big shiney 777? Just going to breed more hate and discontent in the crew force. Like mentioned above other than ANC and Subic, have not been able to talk guys into not flying disputed pairings. I could be wrong, but guys still bid HKG even though it is not a financial bonanza just so they can sit in the captain seat, and they will bid this too.