View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 07:41 PM
Scoop
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: DAL 330

Originally Posted by Carl Spackler View Post
They do AV8ER, I really think they do. All 3 are very experienced judges. DAL's proposed list is the same methodology used with Pan Am and Western Airlines. Both were on the verge of liquidation, and DAL agreed to ratio these pilots into the seats of aircraft they brought to the merger at the expense of decades of Date of Hire. Given the state of their airlines being days away from liquidation, these pilots were probably grateful to have any job.

NWA is different; to wit:

NWA has a higher market capitalization than DAL, even though NWA is 2/3 the size of DAL.

NWA had higher earnings last quarter than DAL, and will have again this quarter soon to be announced.

NWA has an equal amount of unrestricted cash to that of DAL even though we are 2/3 the size of DAL.

And finally, our fleet mix is very comparable.

For these reasons, it would be historic in arbitrations if they were to agree on such a lopsided proposal. Just remember, if the DAL guys did NOT start with such an extreme proposal, their members would want their heads.

This is just early round negotiations. Inside, the arbitrators are probably just smiling and shaking their heads - just as they will after they hear our proposal.

Let not your heart be troubled.

Carl
Carl,
If the above counts in the SLI arbitration then how about the fact that furloughed NW guys are now getting credit for longevity. A NW guy who was furloughed for 3-4 years and maybe on 3-4 year pay immedialtely jumps to 7-8 year pay at a higher payrate. I don't feel too bad for those guys and maybe the three wise men when considering NW's financial prowess will also look at financial compensation of individual pilots. Anyway why rehash all this BS - lets talk about parade floats. And by the way as you now know I was not joking - although I wish I was.

Scoop