Old 10-08-2008, 09:45 AM
CaliPilot
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Default A current student

I currently attend the ASU/MPD program. Let me first say that I love this program. Now I'll be honest. I am no fan of Mesa and it is on the expensive side. The Poly campus is growing and is not as barren as it used to be. We're about 20-30minutes from the Main campus of ASU. Housing on campus is average priced and off campus housing is very affordable. Here's my list of pro's and con's

Pro's:
Excellent training (airline procedures based)
Fleet is in good condition (we have our own mechanics who do an excellent job)
You receive a 4 year degree (required to advance to majors)
The bridge training program is literally the CRJ-200 ground school
Completion of the program guarantees an interview with Mesa and they hire 99% of MPD/ASU graduates. We also excel in training and in the airlines because of our bridge training.
Private through CFI, CFII and Comm Multi in 2.5 years

Con's:
You are associated with Mesa. (if you are ok with just getting a foot in the door, Mesa is tolerable)
Expensive (Out-of-state tuition is now $17k / year; $55k for flight training; $5k for bridge training)
Degree is aviation oriented (no focus on back-up plans)

This program has excellent training, offers a 4 year degree and CRJ-200 training. Being associated with Mesa sucks and not every airline recognizes our bridge training. I have no desire to go to Mesa but having it as an option is useful. I'm glad I attended this program. Also, we do not cap our attendance at 60 students.