View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 11:08 AM
newKnow
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: 765-A

Originally Posted by Denny Crane View Post
I don't know how long you've been posting on here, but you will find that a lot of them (DAL pilots) in their post either: 1.) Just make stuff up; 2.) Make wild asumptions about things they don't know; 3.) Recite rumor as fact or; 4.) All of the above.

Yes, I have heard people who KNOW the DC-9 say they could fly as long as 2026. I have had very high ranking management tell me personally that they were going to keep them around "for a long time," and that they were looking for ways to "upgrade" the -9.

Newknow,

All I can say about the second paragraph is, refer to paragraph one!!!!

Ahhh,

But having the Vice President of Flight Ops or the Chief Pilot tell you and many others something is a lot different from "Hey, the Dc-9's are nearing their cylce limits." Why? Because the DC-9's are not nearing their cycle limits. The ones that were are long gone, not the ones we have now.

But even if they were nearing their limit, understand my point after those first few paragraphs. Mainline flying should be kept mainline flying. If they started parking 777's and 767's, I would never argue that that flying was destined to be taken over by RJ's. Why? Because it affects mainline pilot jobs. The same thing goes for the Md-88. Parking narrow body aircraft affects pilot jobs and to suggest that we would just let all DC-9's go away without replacement is ridiculous. But as I said in the previous post, ridiculous apparently does not matter to many on your side.

While I do appreciate the job our negotiators are doing, I am not one to just believe and go along with every point and argument they make. On the other hand, you guys seem to get your marching orders and run with them and spout off the talking points, no matter how outlandish they are. That, for me, will take some getting used to and if that is the "type" of pilot Delta has hired over the years, that wil be the greatest source of friction between the two groups. Because there are not too many on the NWA side that are like that. That's my prediction.

Oh, and that the 767's are going to be parked and 330's will replace them- and thats the ERJ-330 it's on the secret Brazilian production line as we speak. "NewCo" will fly them. Landing cycle limit you know.

New K Now