Gets Weekends Off
WmuGrad07
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jun 2007
  • Position
    Whale FO
You will be in Rome for training, and that's pretty much it. You'll get sent all over the east coast, move your way south as winter comes and maybe a little west. You'll be away from Rome 99% of the time after training. You may be back in Rome for maintenance if you're close when you need an oil change or something else. Everyday you will send an email to landcare letting them know what you did for the day. You need Excel for this email, so microsoft office is a must. You also need a computer to download the projects off the internet onto a jump drive, then take the jumpdrive to your airplane and upload the projects on the computer in the plane everyday.

All my stuff probably weighed 90 lbs or so. You'll do a weight n' balance at the beginning of the season and find what you have to work with based on your plane. The M models can take less than the N and P i'm pretty sure, so you'll figure it out. Laundry... well you've probably always wanted to know what the washer and dryer was for at the hotels, they're for you, the strange people who LIVE out of hotels. If the hotel doesn't have a washer and dryer then you'll have to find a laundromat. I recommend Best Westerns, quality inns, they usually have breakfasts in the morning, pools, laundry area's.