View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 08:43 PM
newKnow
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: 765-A

Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
I'm curious to find out how many of the NWA pilots hired in the last "boom" (as short as NWA's "boom" was compared to DAL's) were rejected by DAL's "outlandish" process first (which we should be able to ascertain)...and how many of them were hoping for DAL and got an interview/job with NWA instead (we can only speculate on that number).

Easy, I'm not trying to knock on the 15 guys hired at NWA who actually wanted to live in an NWA hub, and for whom NWA was #1 on the list. I bet they're not good poker players.

I'm pretty sure any sane guy not living in an NWA hub would have rather been hired at DAL (better pay, better DC plan, better EVERYTHING).

Hopefully this will be on the arbitrators' radar at some point.
You sir are wrong.

Almost without exception the new hire FO's I have been flying with have been from MSP and NWA was there first if not only choice. The few that weren't from MSP were Mesaba or Pinnacle guys who lived in and around DTW. Oh, and there was the one whos father was a Northwest pilot.

The vast majority are Minnesotans who love the Twins. I would say there are many more than 15 of them because most of the ones I have flown with have to come fly out of Detroit as DC-9 FO Blockholders because they can't hold reserve out of Minneapolis. In fact, I think most of them could hold 320 FO out of DTW, but not DC-9 FO out of MSP. MSP is the senior DC-9 FO base because of all the new hires whos dream was to fly for their hometown airline.

So, not surprisingly, your assumption is wrong. Not only are they not crazy, they are highly qualified, exceptional pilots, and I think you owe them an internet apology for insinuating that they are some kind of Delta reject.

I wonder though about you and Delta Air Lines. What does the fact that Delta hired you say about their hiring process? How could they hire someone who has such an air of superiority and such a desire for confrontation? What process did you get thru that allowed them to hire someone who at many times I wondered if I was dealing with a major airline pilot or his 8 year old son? If you wondered if NWA new hires were DAL rejects I KNOW Northwest never would have hired you.

The problem is that not only are you giving your airline -- soon to be mine -- a bad name, you are giving this profession a bad name. Stop.

New K Now

Last edited by newKnow; 10-08-2008 at 09:15 PM.