View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 04:55 AM
acl65pilot
Happy to be here

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A-320A

Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
Carl,

Read the transcript carefully. The DALPA team did not try to tear down Northwest as a franchise. They only said that Northwest management had a plan in bankruptcy to replace their aging, fuel guzzling DC-9's with RJ's. The record shows that that is exactly what Northwest is doing. It is good for the franchise, but bad for pilot expectations at Northwest. There is some reason why your negotiators came up with a FURLOUGH MITIGATION agreement, my guess it was because the company was about to furlough excess pilots caused by the DC-9's going away. I am sure you have some other explanation.

Interestingly, the Delta pilots waived a portion of their contract that would have forced management to hire pilots to fill the MD-88 first officer positions. Let's see, one airline needs to hire, one airline needs to furlough, I wonder how that will work out. I just can't think of any solution that could possibly work. Why would the Delta pilots hold off on new hires?
Dead on. I have been saying this since before the LOA came out. I have said it since the day the NWA group signed their LOA cnxing their displacements. It is a good thing. There is no need to have you guys go through two training cycles that are not needed. Give it a few months. Good thing is that with the AE out some of you may get the ER in NYC or better. There will probably not definitely be some holes on wide body a/c.
Fact is that is any 96-00 hires are still on the Mad Dog most will stay put and wait until they can hold CA.