View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 09:58 AM
Carl Spackler
Back on TDY

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: 747-400 Captain

Originally Posted by satchip View Post
Carl, I can't believe you are defending NW management. Our presentation was to point out your management's post BR business plan. The first witness even gave you guys props for fighting the complete evisceration of your pilot group with the NewCo thing. He pointed out you stopped them at 90 76 seaters.
I don't recall defending our management. Of course we stopped them... with a scope clause. Are you really surprised that any management team would try to eliminate domestic flying with RJ's? You know... like Comair etal??

That sill doesn't change the fact that they planned to replace the 9s with smaller more efficient a/c. Genuinely interested question here, not a debate point. Have you guys pressured NW management about a replacement a/c?
We're not arrogant enough to think we as hourly employees can pressure anyone about buying airplanes. I just know our scope clause mandates that WE fly them.

As for the testimony transcripts, I know we come from different perspectives. But I can't for the life of me find where your lawyer guy has refuted anything much less everything that the witnesses have stated. You may disagree with their statements, but that is not refuting them.
I'm not surprised that you don't see our attorney's cross examinations as having refuted anything. You probably just read our attorney's data, and quotations as them just saying: "I disagree!!" The reality is that the Delta witnesses did a satisfactory job, and our attorneys did a better than average job at cross examination and refutation. In order to appreciate any of this, you must be able to detach yourself from your personal biases.

You still haven't answered the questions previously put to you.
See the above post.

On a side note, guys how is the sushi over there? Is the yen/dollar rate better than the Euro? 6 bucks for coffee is really killing me.
I hate sushi, so I couldn't tell you. I'm kind of a stickler for having my food cooked.

Carl