View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 02:53 PM
freightguy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
I'm curious to find out how many of the NWA pilots hired in the last "boom" (as short as NWA's "boom" was compared to DAL's) were rejected by DAL's "outlandish" process first (which we should be able to ascertain)...and how many of them were hoping for DAL and got an interview/job with NWA instead (we can only speculate on that number).

Easy, I'm not trying to knock on the 15 guys hired at NWA who actually wanted to live in an NWA hub, and for whom NWA was #1 on the list. I bet they're not good poker players.

I'm pretty sure any sane guy not living in an NWA hub would have rather been hired at DAL (better pay, better DC plan, better EVERYTHING).

Hopefully this will be on the arbitrators' radar at some point.
Wrong! I turned CAL and DAL down to join NWA---and I do not live close to any NWA hub. (I know several others who chose NWA over DAL for various reasons). For me the main reason to chose NWA was seniority progression.

Delta has been especially good for pilots at Delta who were present when the top 2000 left---fast seniority movement! However, following that, Delta became the major with the youngest pilot group in the country. On the other hand-NWA had a slow seniority progression---until now---all of a sudden, more than half the pilot group is 50+. For me it was an easy decision to join NWA and ride the seniority wave...and I am having a great time flying at NWA.

Delta is a good airline but so is NWA. If you think most of us here at NWA are Delta rejects and Delta wannabees, you're in for a rude awakening after the merger!

Last edited by freightguy; 10-09-2008 at 06:52 PM.