View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 05:16 PM
FutureFO
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by SWAcapt View Post
May want to consider something like ; ATP Flight School: ATP Written & Certificate/Rating
$2695 vs $7K min. Back in '92 I did the ATP in 2 days for $1200 with no study (I already had the written). I did the 737 type in 9 day in '93 and studied for 30 days prior to showing up and I had over 2000 hrs of military tactical jet time and it was still a challenge. If you, however are set on the 737 type, I would contact Ray Brendle @ [email protected] or 281-360-1010. He owns Crew Pilot Training (CPT) and will let you "sit in" on a class before you do your real class if you are interested or have the time( about $1500 for the books and computer course prior to the ground school. They use SWA simulators in DAL. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. If you call Ray, you can mention that you received this advice from the SWA capt. that called him on thurs. eve. Good luck with your decision.
Thank you for the info, I sure will let him know that. If you hold just one type rating, is it easier to aquire more ratings? I am not talking about the experience you get, the requirements, like "Add on ratings".