View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 01:10 PM
RyM45
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2008

First of all, I don't think there is such thing as a fake degree. And honestly, I do not care much for the debate between going to a flight college and going to a college and flying on the side. I think it is just a personal decision, I cannot for one second imagine myself sitting behind a desk typing away at a computer to finish a finance report or something like that. I would probably kill myself if that was my job. I am not saying that buisiness is the only thing there is to major in, but none of those would not make me happy. You shouldn't do something unless it makes you happy. All I want to do is fly, however corny that might sound. Money can't buy happiness, and if I end up furloughed from an airliner and I'm just ******* out of luck, thats fine with me. Granted that airliners lay more people off than normal companies, my dad works for a company that is tanking right now, people are getting layed off left and right. Pretty sure he is safe, but I am just saying all industries struggle.

I could get into Northeastern guarenteed (some rather large family history there), but nothing there interests me in any way. And the cost there is pretty steep, just throwing that out there. My opinion on the matter.