View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 01:21 PM
Carl Spackler
Back on TDY

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: 747-400 Captain

Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
Carl, Well as our equity share rapidly approaches zero hopefully less guys will stick around for it and more guys will retire as planned. I'm still trying to figure out if this is good or bad. On one hand more guys will retire. On the other hand my equity share will also be worth squat - Oh well such is life.
I always think it's a better deal to have the guys retiring. I hate to sound so pessimistic, but airline equity...sucks. You should sell it all on the day you get it. That's what I have always done.

Oh and another thing - "don't sell yourself short - your quite a slouch." In other words words NW is a solid airline with a great history and when this is all said and done hopefully the new Delta/Northwest will continue the proud tradition (prior to BK) of both companies.
Thanks for that sentiment. I said earlier that this is a merger of equals and I firmly believe that. It seems like most mergers have been a case of a strong airline trying to drag some near liquidation entity across the finish line. Clearly not the case here, and I think the other majors that didn't pull off what we've done, are going to be on the outside looking in for a long time.

Thanks for the Caddyshack quote...poor Judge Smales.

One more thing - yours truly was turned down by UAL - one of the best things that ever happened to me, but really who gives a crap. Any guys that got turned down by DAL and hired at NW or turned down by NW and hired at DAL are now part of the team - case closed.
Scoop
Wow...dodging a bullet comes to mind!

Thanks for the post Scoop, nice job.

Carl