View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 08:07 PM
Mason32
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Reclined

Originally Posted by Swedish Blender View Post
What's wrong with 2000 RVR? Most places you can go to 1800 RVR with the right lights. He/she who realized they didn't have to go doesn't work for an airline. You will go with 2000 RVR.
For us, nothing is wrong with 2000RVR, the scenario being discussed was a current <280 hour pilot who is still building time and job hunting who went out intentionally to fly in those conditions.... IMC is IMC regardless of the ceilings. Pushing the limits for no reason is an example of poor ADM. That was the point.

His responses are as expected. My suggestion would be for him, while he is covering the desk at the flight school, to borrow a CFI FOI book and learn about dangerous attitudes and machismo. Everybody always thinks they are better than the next guy, or that it won't happen to me.... then we read and learn about and from them in NTSB reports.

How many of you have burried friends from accidents over the years?
Weren't they all excellent pilots too.....

If you want to go screw your small private plane into the dirt, be my guest, but when people in back are paying for you to make the safe decisions, check your ego's at the main cabin door.

Last edited by Mason32; 10-10-2008 at 08:16 PM.