View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 10:35 AM
River6
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Default Why don't you name some?

Originally Posted by atpwannabe View Post
First, we, as African-Americans are not a monolithic people.

There are tens/hundreds of thousands of African-Americans that are much more influential than Jesse or Al will ever be. The media just shows these two all the time and guess what.....people start to believe that these two men speak for all African-Americans. Far from the truth. That's like me saying David Duke or Timothy McVay or even GW Bush speaks for all of White-America. Far from the truth....isn't it?

Second, in terms of the "N" word....first let me say that I don't condone its use, however, I'm guilty of using it among those closest to me. And no....none of them are white. You see when we use the word, talking to each other, it doesn't carry the same connotation that it carries when it comes from a white person. Now, I sure there is going to be somebody out there to come with some smart ass remark; the fact remains that when this scenario plays out it is received negatively given the turbulent and violent history surrounding the use of the word between the two races. It didn't orginate with us....it originated with you all.

Man, you guys gotta start doing your homework. The racial fabric make-up of America has, is and is ever changing. It is imperative that if this country is to remain competitive and hold its ground, we'd better start talking to each other and putting all the b******t aside. A religious fanatic once said that "we will overtake America without firing one shot". Not sure who said it but it was mentioned.

If we aren't careful, we will implode.

atp
Interesting you claim using the "N" word has different meaning coming from a black than a white person. I did not know there was a black and white webster dictionary? I agree there are lot of influential black men out there. I've named a few Lynn Swann, Bill Cosby, George Foreman, JC Watts, Clarance Thomas all of these people I'v named are conservative black men who the black community has labeled "uncle Toms". Why is that? They are successful people who worked hard, yet, they are labled pawns of white people. Why is that? Why don't you name some influential black men?

This off BET own web page:
"Bill Cosby recently hit up Oprah and discussed his speech in 2004 where he attacked Black parents for buying kids $500 pair of shoes vs. investing in education."

Multi-millionaire Bill Cosby should use all that time he spends talking and find some creative solutions for “ignorance” and poverty.

"We are not the only one who thinks Bill Cosby is out of touch."

Last edited by River6; 10-11-2008 at 10:41 AM.