View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 08:28 PM
lifter123
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by 250 or point 65 View Post
If there's anything the last year has taught us it is that airline employers don't care if you've won a Nobel as long as you have the time to get hired (and in some cases references). Yes, it looks nice to have another line in your Education section, but it is not worth going through multiple years of school and a lot of money for that line on your resume, because I don't believe that it will help you that much. Don't put all that time, money, and effort into a line on your resume...put it into something that is truly useful, like a real backup plan.

On a side note, I have always said, "If I can't do what I love, I'm gonna make a lot of money so I can enjoy my time away from work."

I'm not saying that you should find a "Dilbert" job and be miserable...but find something that is actually useful....in multiple industries.
I guess a lot of it is that I would really like to have a master's degree. Sort of a pride issue. I don't see anything wrong with higher education, and if I can flight instruct for the school and get free tuition, I think that's a great deal.

Thanks all.