View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 07:56 AM
Jayhawk 023
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: CRJ

I used to live, fly, and instruct in both the Dallas and Fort Worth area. I saw this note and couldn't resist throwing in a message. First....the Hard 8 has the BEST bbq, hands-down. I still miss flying down, getting a golf-cart and hanging out for the afternoon with students or friends. Its the type of thing that makes flying light aircraft worth the price.

Speaking of the price....Yes, Monarch charges slightly higher rates for their aircraft, but if you live only 5 minutes from ADS, does it make sense to drive all the way to GKY, TKI, or somewhere else? Between gas, wear on the car, the possibility of a wreck, etc...does it make sense to spend $10 to save $10? I only bring up this point because that's what I used to do, I would drive an extra 20 miles to rent an old beat-up plane so I could save a few extra bucks, but half the time the planes were broke when I got there due to poor MX. Monarch has good MX and lots of choices of plane, CFI's , etc. Just my two cents....but have fun at the Hard 8!