View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 05:14 AM
SkyHigh
Self Employed.

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Corporate Pilot
Default The other Hawk

Originally Posted by Shaun
Does anyone here have time in a Tomahawk? I have a private student that is looking at buying one. I was trying to get him to buy a 150 and he looked but couldn't find what he was looking for in his price range. He went and did some looking and found a Tomahawk. He did some reading and decided that it was a good plane for him. He wants to go on and get his instrument, so he will be putting some money into instruments, but he is looking to spend around $20k. I have heard that they are scary to stall because they like to spin and not come out of them. Can anyone tell me more about how they fly and what to expect?
Shaun

They are a basic trainer just like the 152. They use a little more runway but fly faster than a 152. They are easier to get into. Have a more modern panel layout. If you crash upside down you most likely will be trapped inside. During stalls and spins they are more difficult to control than a 152. The tail shakes wildly in stalls and spins. It takes more deliberate rudder control to get out of a spin. Too much and it will snap roll in the opposite direction. They are not perfect but but not a monster either.

SKyHigh

Yea Shaun !!! You live in the SEA area don't you? If so I am not to far away.