Old 10-17-2008, 07:40 PM
ryan1234
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: USAF

Originally Posted by TheAviator83 View Post
Thanks ryan!
I've just seen your other post as well.

I haven't had much experience with aviation forums and I am getting the impression that you have to take what most people say with a pinch of salt!

When you mention waiting a while on the ground, what sort of time are we talking about, roughly?

Cheers

Basically it depends on the season you go to Daytona. DAB is filled with Phoenix East and Riddle aircraft (most of whom are courteous)....especially in the fall/spring semesters.....you can imagine what it's like when 30 aircraft don't speak English all that well or are in their very first part of training with poor radio procedures. Most instrument approaches are usually done through ILS 7L/Loc 25R (I can't recall the anyone doing the GPS/RNAV 7R...but they may have) as well as the commercial traffic so if you are departing North and use 7L you will be waiting a while on the ground for your take-off clearance. As a matter of fact just getting in a radio call is annoying because of the level of traffic.

Air America is close to 7R/25L so it is easier to get in and out... and fly South... but generally North departures are on 7L/25R..... in the very rare event they are using 16/34... well then it is pretty congested. Most students in the area go to KXFL/KOMN/KDED/28J