Old 10-18-2008, 07:13 AM
EWRflyr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: 737 CAPT

Originally Posted by Skybo View Post
So you would like the same deal as those who violated ALPA CBL's? I am wondering...would you have cut a check if you weren't running for office? I highly doubt it. You have single handedly placed yourself in an elite group of those of the past. If elected, you want to change the policy for trip loss payback? Why are you publicizing your payment? This is not a badge of honor . Need I remind you that if you had fulfilled your obligation instead of walking out, we wouldn't be discussing this. This is a major issue of character and integrity. Your true colors have shown through. You say you are putting the needs of your fellow union brothers and sisters ahead of your own personal needs or wishes? In your case, you put your own personal selfish needs ahead of the rest of us. You are not a "true trade unionist", whatever that is. Thanks Jayson for you hollow support and payment.
Yes, his true colors have shown through: when our Sec/Tres has refused to work with him to set up a repayment plan THAT HAS BEEN AVAILABLE TO OTHER MEMBERS he finally paid it all in one lump sum. The question you should be asking is why did our CALALPA Sec/Tres not respond or drag his feet in setting up a repayment schedule? Did he not think that collecting this money was important for CALALPA as a whole? Or was this done punitively? So since May there has been no movement on this issue when $1,000 per month could have been collected and paid off by now at the blessing of ALPA staff attorneys, etc.

I think your questions are directed at the wrong person in this case. If you are so concerned about this money (YOUR MONEY) then why are you not asking Randy Hodge why he failed to start collecting this money in a timely manner? So who here is the "elite group of the past" you are talking about? Payment and repayment schedules are a fact of life in ALPA. To deny even ONE member the same courtesy that has been extended to others is unfair.