View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 06:16 PM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by ExperimentalAB View Post
Alrighty...after giving dozens of rides to NetJets Pilots over the last couple of years, I can not remember even a single one acknowledging me or my crew's mere existence...Today flying into ORD, for example, I smiled and nodded to the NetJets Captain walking off my aircraft and still he did not so much as look up!

So I'm just curious, NetJets folks, why no respect? Does it matter that you're not jumpseating, but paying passengers? You're in uniform. You're Pilots. Many of you are former RJ-Drivers...and besides, we're all flying these "little airplanes!"

We're just looking for the same respect we give you is all. Y'all don't have to kill with kindness, just a friendly nod of the head, shake of the hand...!
If was was looking down maybe he didn't see you slight head nod
Did you SAY "hello" or "did you enjoy the ride captain"?
I wonder if it has anything to do with the years and years of being looked down upon by the -121 pilots since corporate pilots were looked at like ugly red-headed step-children?

I don't know......I just recently found out that they wear their uniforms on the plane. I would have figured that they looked like every other normal pax going to work. there was a very long and involved thread on them "reporting" to the cockpit crew when flying to work a month or more ago.

It will be interesting to hear the replies.
For what it is worth - I'm not wearing a uniform but it seems that if I ever would like to stop by the cockpit to say "hi" that I either get a disinterested look or a nasty threatening look from the FA!

USMCFLYR