Old 10-20-2008, 09:18 AM
freezingflyboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: 7ER B...whatever that means.

Originally Posted by BlueMoon View Post
While the Pocket knives and Box cutters are kind of distrubing. Why would some care if you packed a blow up doll?!?! That is about the strangest thing to try to "smuggle" through security.

And I'm pretty sure matches are allowed (even ones from Beirut) and so are dust masks(every no and then you see people coming from Asia wearing these).

As for nail clippers...oh no!
What is even MORE disturbing than having a blow-up Arafat doll is that someone actually MAKES a blow-up Arafat doll. I would love to see the marketing study that led to that!

I see what this guy is getting at but he's trying to get the TSA to take action based on superficial things that most of us (and the ACLU) would cry bloody murder about. Wearing a t-shirt with a political message is considered free speech, even if Osama bin Laden is whats on the shirt. There are also no rules restricting the carrying of blow-up dolls, even if they are representative of someone many consider to be the former leader of a terrorist organization. As far as nail clippers and matches, those are allowed, aren't they? If not, I've violated TSA rules countless times. This guy better be careful about what he admits as far as the knives and box cutters though.

I'm also kind of curious how he "faked" his boarding pass. If it was forged on airline card stock using a similar printing process, then getting past the intense scrutiny of the TSA is no great feat. If it was hand written on a napkin and said "Joe Bob, flight to Washington, DC" and the TSA allowed that through, then that's a different story. I'm not sure of the TSA requirements for photo ID. Are children required to have photo ID?

Last edited by freezingflyboy; 10-20-2008 at 09:39 AM.