View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 09:50 AM
fros0080
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Default Change from Regional to Corporate

I am currently a fairly low time pilot with most of my experiance being turbine time. I grew up working at a few FBO's and learning about corporate flying. My intrest grew in becoming a pilot because of this. After spending about five years at an FBO working the line and putting myself through college I went to flight school. After that I got hired with a regional carrier and am currently flying the line.....I am absolutley misrable and my QOL isnt good at all. I love my job and flying is what I have always wanted to do. However I am not cut out for the airlines.

Working at FBO's and learning about corporate aviation is what got me interested in flying. I liked their lifestyle, the appreciation that they had for their job, and the hard work and rewards that they recieved from it.. I liked that they were proud of what they have done and are doing, none of this is what I have felt at the airlines....

I knew nothing about the airlines when the oportunity for me to sit right seat in the EMB came along, so I took it. I am upset with the taste it has left in my mouth about aviation....

I have lost many of my networking connections through time, I am wondering if anybody has any advice, ideas or help on how I can transition from the regional carrier to corporate flying. I currently live in Orlando and am open to any suggestions....
Thanks in advance