View Single Post
Old 10-09-2005, 03:34 PM
UConnQB14
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2005
Position: Glass
Default but still...

yes, you are all right in sme respect... you ARE deciding what my future payscale will be and i do apologize for sounding immature on this one.. right now, i am graduating the University of Connecticut with an Econ degree and have played football here at UConn for 4 years now (check the roster)... for the military guys, understand that when i was graduating high school in 2002, it wasnt the best time to enlist, although i could have gone to AFA for football.. in a nutshell, i just want to fly, thats all... yes, i understand we all need money, but it is very hard for people like myself to work the way up to where you are right now.. we spend thousands of dollars to build up ratings and time, and for those who are neither good in the cockpit or get fed up with insufficient funds, they get weeded out along the way.. i myself am in it for the longhaul, but as someone pointed out, i probably will complain one day.. some pilots complain about payscales and stuff while they are holding the line, but they should go ask their friends who got the big "F" and hear their tale of woe first.. and yes, there are a lot of pilots, its very easy to enjoy.. but there are very few who want this to be their life.. very few will spend the money from a civilian standpoint.. for the military guys, remember its not just civilians taking jobs, its military too... simply put, there arent enough jobs to go around.. i am not going to knock the military guys, but i think you need to put it into perspective a little bit how different our lives are.. you were given thousands of hours (probably 2500hrs jet time) and didnt pay a cent... im not going to start a military/civilian battle here, but imagine if you had to take the "hard" road to that plush left seat and saw the $50,000 bill for timebuilding.. i think you would have a different perspective.

.. sorry to sound pushy, but its difficult to have war over this when everyone is supposed to be in it for the same reasons

P. von Harten
QB- UConn Football