Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Alti2d
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2005

Originally Posted by DC2495 View Post
I recently hit my IFR mins a bit ago, looking for another 135 company to go to, but everyone stopped hiring. I shot my resume off to AMF last week, with the last news bleak for hiring potential. Today I noticed on climbto350 that they are looking for PA31 drivers in an "Open" domicile. The post has little if any info on where you would be able to call home while on "Open" domicile. Any of you AMF guys know what this is all about, and what the hiring scene is looking like, hrs exp etc? I noticed they want previous 135 exp, I have VFR experience and am getting on the IFR ticket in the PA34 come next week. Is this the kind of experience they are looking for?
Open is probably referring to system wide TDY. You go out and fill in where they need you, for as long as they need you. Usually works as a 3 weeks on 1 week off situation, but... subject to change. Time on would typically be M-F, early starts, layover for the day, fly back to base at night. PDX or OAK would be most likely, I agree....

Oh, as for pay, daily per diem (last I know was $35 flat per day) while on TDY, so $35/day for 21 days, paid for M-F and then paid for the week at home with no per diem. That was the typical setup last year for TDYs. Pay was 8 'units' per 12 hours or less of duty time, including flight time. So 40 units per week, as TDY that would include 40 units for the week spent at home too. each aircraft pays units at a different rate, the PA31 was around $11-12, Metros/1900s around $20 ish, that may have changed, I'm not there anymore...

Clear as mud??
That's all I've got... good luck

Last edited by Alti2d; 10-23-2008 at 02:03 PM. Reason: adding additional info to be more concise and clear