View Single Post
Old 07-22-2006, 07:46 PM
surreal1221
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006

Originally Posted by Low & Slow
Are you that clueless? If you haven't noticed ALL labor is taking it in the shorts - not just government employees. You still have a retirement plan right?
Yes, ALL labor is taking it in the shorts. Does that make it alright? NATCA put a great deal of time and pressure into our compaign to get a fair contract from the nazis at the FAA. Eventually we get a vote in the house, and are 18 or 20 votes shy of getting it passed. Go figure, the vote was right down party lines. Pro labor democrats trying to get the FAA to retun to the negotiations table, and anti-labor republicans wanting to keep costs low while we spend billions elsewhere in the world. Times have certainly changed.

Yes, I have a roth IRA, that my employer does not contribute to. . . the military's TSP is a joke (imho). Sad, BUT, one day I'd love to work for a company that would contribute to my retirement.

LAFF - No, I'm a military meteorologist, with a background in air traffic management (dispatch arena). I'm in Miami-Dade's CTI program, soon changing schools to seek a political science degree when I seperate from the military, amongst attending a Part 141 school in suburban Atlanta.

CargoBob - What do you think I'm talking about? You're a troll, so I won't bother falling for your jabs. But, if you do need some enlightening, feel free to visit www.fairfaa.com or www.natca.org. Knowing your deep conservative values, I wouldn't be surprised if you are an anti-union individual. If I'm mistaken, sorry.

Last edited by surreal1221; 07-22-2006 at 07:55 PM.