View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 07:47 PM
flyguy1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: Captain

Originally Posted by Carl Spackler View Post
I know this preface will sound one-sided, but it's because I haven't heard any NWA guys say that our DOH proposal is totally fair and not be able to understand how a single DAL guy could be against it.

This is for the DAL guys who feel their proposal is the perfect choice that any arbitrator would choose. It's from the Oct 23 SLI transcript page 258 line 21, Chairman Bloch speaking:

This proceeding is the best evidence that there are very good arguments to be made on both sides of this issue and that they are being made, they have been made in this case. This is a tremendous opportunity for Northwest and for Delta. Competitively speaking and in every other way. In line with this process being proposed as a new venture as well, what we look to now and what I'm about to talk about, I think, is an essential adjunct of that process.

Because the positions of the parties differ very dramatically, it's clear enough that adopting one in its entirety -- one side's approach in its entirety by us will not generate, if that happens, the single-most valuable aspect of a successfully merged list, which is acceptability to as many pilots as possible.

The underlines are mine for emphasis.

Carl

Sounds like we have at least one arbitrator with the wisdom of Solomon. I think we can have confidence that the arbitrtors will hand down a fair list.