Old 10-25-2008, 06:50 PM
⌐ AV8OR WANNABE
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Unhappy What's the point?

Freighter Captain - what’s the point with all those speculations? Isn’t it a little bit of scare mongering? I mean, it looks like some captains and senior FOs are discussing the possibility of junior guys/gals being furloughed… Why?

Is it to help us ‘plan ahead’ as someone had suggested earlier? C’mon, don’t you think we know that already and are trying to do just that? Many of us have been furloughed before or have friends who have so ‘planning ahead’ isn’t exactly something new to us. Then again, how do you plan ahead when you’re still trying to pay off credit card debt acquired during year 1?

I'm all for discussions, I really am however I feel like we’re playing the management game here with all those doomsday scenarios - keeping people aligned by keeping them scared… You know, “hey do what we tell you and remember that at least you still have a job…for now…”

Also, wouldn’t it be better if we discussed ‘unity’ arguments and people picking up open time etc. in a forum restricted to IPA pilots only? I mean, APC must be management’s gold mine….

I’m sure that in a few months you and others we’ll be posting “I told you so” comments but until then I just hope you are wrong…

Fire away….

Last edited by ⌐ AV8OR WANNABE; 10-25-2008 at 07:14 PM.