View Single Post
Old 07-23-2006, 10:46 AM
surreal1221
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006

They will be taking a 30% financial cut as soon as the beauracracy of the FAA can figure out how to implement their new found prize of reducing labor cost. One in 4 controllers who are eligible for retirement, will be retiring as the FAA will be reorganizing how they rate facilities, in turn reducing pay rates for large facilities that are now going to get reorganized to be listed as a smaller facility (ATC-12 to an ATC-9 facility. . . ).

So yes, you are wrong, controllers are and will be taking a hit financially. I've already provided you enough links. If you spend enough time there, you'll eventually find the proposed pay rates from NATCA and the FAA.

What many ignore is that the vote on HR 4559 was not a vote to save pay, it was simply a vote to get the FAA to return to the negotiations table which they refused to do. They refused to return to the table, imposed their "contract," and the union is not getting treated fairly. Eventually getting a bill to the house floor was a big deal, and then to have it voted along by party lines just shows the American people that congress is being handled like the classic good ol' boy club. Do not be mistaken, the FAA is not in the business of improving safety, they are in the business of generating a profit. It's a sick manegement style that is running wild through a number of government agencies, dare I even say FEMA or DHS?

You'd be surprised how many liberals are in the military. We are out numbered, but there are a good deal of us. The military isn't full of southern conservative good old boys like you would think. There are many different types of people that join the military, from different walks of life, and we all still manage to get the mission done. Some of us don't feel happy doing the mission, but it's our job and we will continue to do it to the best of our ability, with the tools provided, until we clock out to move onto bigger and better things. A number of people stay in the military because they enjoy the lifestyle. Some stay in because they were young, dumb, and became dependent on the military to provide everything for them. My wife makes a good living, and after my four years for military service I feel I've done enough, and I'll leave the military for someone else to come in and fullfil the mission, as I move on to bigger and better things flying for a living.

Last edited by surreal1221; 07-23-2006 at 10:59 AM.