View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 12:51 PM
captscott26
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by yawdamp View Post
Just received a call.

FedEx envelopes with recall notices have been mailed up to seniority # 462. 6 more (to 470?) to go out after approval (within next several days/soon? Why, what, when?? Not sure...).

November = 5 or 6 openings in ACY, 5 openings FLL (...remainding 15'ish Recall slots in ?).* Preference by seniority - and will/should be asked when you receive a call. If not, and you have been notified, suggest you put in your request.

*Does this include December and beyond? I don't know/doubt it. Once training is comlete you are Relief/Reserve, so my guess is - you go in order of seniority preference.

Note: When you are able to bid FLICA (when you start work again), make sure your Base Bid Preferences are set (there were emails sent recently in the 'ra.spiritair' site containing instructions on how to do this).

I stated that increased communication would be benificial for those of us waiting. Yet was told - if/when receiving questions of general interest (when will I be notified, will my hotel be paid, etc) there usually is no response individually unless necessary. Preference is to reply with a 'general mass email'. Short staffing, and they must work with other departments to cordinate (HR, Background, etc).

Hope this helps...
Did you get the info about the 6 additional letters directly from Lisa or Lucy(I assume thats who called you) or is it just a rumor you heard from someone? Also, any info on how many have declined/accepted so far?

BTW....CONGRATS!!!!