View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 04:59 PM
Carl Spackler
Back on TDY

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: 747-400 Captain

Originally Posted by Justdoinmyjob View Post
Where does it say that management has to accept the outcome of this unconditionally? It is only binding on the pilots, not management.

You say "Not correct," yet offer no proof to back up your claim. I said it was "my understanding," that the company doesn't have to accept the list, and that understanding is based on this excerpt from an DALPA FAQ doc:

3. What is the role of the company in seniority integration? Can the company unilaterally implement its own list? Must the company approve any integrated list the union develops?

The company cannot unilaterally implement an integrated seniority list (see Section 1.D.8 of the PWA). Under the PWA, however, an integrated seniority list developed by ALPA must be submitted to the Company for its approval. Section 1.D.8.b. of the PWA contains specific timelines and procedures for the company to accept ALPA’s integrated list or, in the absence of such acceptance, for potential arbitration between ALPA and the company for selecting between a merged list proposed by ALPA or one proposed by the company. The ALPA/NWA agreement, however, does not provide for this type of dispute resolution between ALPA and the company, so these conflicting terms between the agreements may need to be resolved in the negotiation of transition terms.

What I get out of this is that they do not have to unilaterally accept the list "As Is."
The last sentance seems to suggest that once we finish with the SLI, then round 2 starts with the company should they find any aspects of the SLI (re fences) unacceptable.

Or can you provide information that shows differently.
The terms you cite above from the DAL PWA have been overwritten by the new JPWA and several side letters relating to the agreed SLI process. I've been told by our folks that know all of these documents that neither management team has any role in the matter. DAL can only accept the list...period.

Carl