View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 08:52 AM
ryan1234
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: USAF

Originally Posted by jcool411 View Post
No my parents are not paying for my tuition i'm going on scholarships and loans.Thats why it may be better for me to stay in state since i have 75% birght futures which covers 75% of my tuition to any florida school but they only cover the cost compared to the average public insitution so if i got to ERAU its only going to cover like $3000 at most.
Daytona State College (the old community college across ISB from ERAU) ...has a program to share credits (or something like that) with ERAU so basically it is the same class for 1/10 the price (blue to gold program(?) Also if you get the AA at DSC, you can finish your BS at the UCF-Daytona Campus depending on what you want to major in.

UCF is a great choice in general however you go about getting there.

If you are interested in a private university look at Stetson (non-flying type) in DeLand... I think I remember hearing of a program that if you have a good GPA you can get a significant scholarship (maybe up to 75%?), also with the Bright Futures and the FRAG/FSAG you should have the rest covered there. There is a lot of good flying around the DED/SFB/DAB/OMN/EVB/XFL area for 61/141 programs.