Old 10-28-2008, 12:53 PM
SaltyDog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Leftof longitudinal

Originally Posted by Shaggy1970 View Post
Yeah that will happen! No contract in the future will get as good as the current one we have, but what do I know! I only thought there was a possibility of furlough here only about a year ago and now everyone thinks the same! Hope I am wrong about this too!
Shaggy, Shaggy, Shaggy,
UPS says that every negotiation <g>. We will see a pay raise and a better contract if you believe it is possible. If you don't, we won't. Kinda hoping you change your mind.
Everyone agrees a furlough is possible, but I think I have clearly made my case for the most remote possibility and we are not at armageddon yet. (Wholesale abandonment of overnight domestic shipping and a huge decrease in intl. shipping) If there is, then Fedex and UPS will both be furloughing. Just don't see it happening though at UPS. Nothing wrong with a little anxiety, but wouldn't get overwhelmed. Kind of like probation. It creates anxiety, but the reality, unless you do yourself in, UPS hasn't gone after anyone to get rid of them. Nevertheless, the anxiety is real. Interestingly, it happens after probation <g>, but then the IPA is pretty good getting us back.