View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 07:18 PM
Denny Crane
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: Kickin’ Back

Kingbird87,

I do not want to beat a dead horse but Slowplay is right about DAL's retirements. I moved up quicker because of them but do not "owe" them anything. If anything, I feel like I bought my position with my now defunct DB plan and, in any event, I would have held my position by now anyway. They did what they thought was right for them at the time and if I could have, I probably would have done the same thing. Regardless, the vast majority of them would have been gone prior to the merger being contemplated anyway.

But that happened way before this merger was contemplated and, IMO, really has no bearing on what each side brings to the merger. IMO, each side brings positions to the table and those positions should be integrated and then seniority numbers assigned.

The arbitrators will have to draw a line some where and the feeling I get from Bloch's comments is that they are not interested in the past or the future (Bloch's comment about the roulette wheel if you've read the transcripts). I think they are going to take a snapshot of the fleets on whatever date they justify and merge the lists. Who know if it will be DOH or status and category. We can all dream there will be a negotiated SL, but I think the odds are against it.

Like I said in another thread, to get a negotiated settlement one group is going to have to come off their basic premise of DOH or status and category. I'm not usually pessimistic but I just don't see this happening.

As many have said before good luck to us all and lets hope the three wise men can divide the baby!!!