View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 07:49 PM
Kingbird87
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: A330B

Denny, you did buy your seat with your now defunct DB plan, and for that I truly wish it were not so. Every Delta pilot has earned the positions they are in through loyal sacrifice and dedication. We both had massive hiring from 83-89 that either have moved up in the case of Delta, or are still waiting at NWA. Our retirements have projected me to retire under #400. We have earned that position through the same sacrifice and dedication. I would not trade places with any Delta pilot that has been stuck with a PBGC retirement, but hopefully, your greater earnings now will help repair the balance. We don't want to take your seniority or earned and entitled positions. We want a chance to fulfill the opportunity of the progression into the widebody Captain seats NWA brings to this merger. I am confident this will work out, and I honestly can't wait to get it over with, and hopefully without egregious fences that prevent us all from truly being one airline. Best Wishes, and look forward to some of the best BBQ in the South here in Memphis.