View Single Post
Old 07-24-2006, 07:53 AM
Conair
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Chief Pilot

Originally Posted by schone
Hi,

I'm a traffic watch pilot, possesing close to a 1000 TT, 175 ME time (unfortunately only about 4ME in the past 6 months , sic time pt. 91)

Was wondering if anyone knows of an outlet looking for first officers on any **JET** (i.e turbofan/turbojet not including t-props) , pay makes no diff as long as it's decent and not slavery (am aware of how much to expect, not looking for anything extravaganzic) and location makes no diff, am single and willing to relocate?

Any help is appreciated!

-Schone
Schone, I think you are the one taking it the wrong way. Every post that you think is so negative is just REALITY. I think the majority of everyone that wants to fly for a living aspires to fly shiney new jets. The reality is you only have 1000 TT and 175 ME. Insurance is what really runs this industry and with that time you might find a right seat position, MAYBE, outside the regionals. The other problem is the pay when you say "pay makes no diff as long as it's decent and not slavery. If you can find a right seat jet job anywhere, Regionals or elsewhere, the pay will be very low. The quickest way in my opinion to get into the shiney new jets is to take a turbo prop job because you will be able to move to the left seat faster gaining turbine PIC experience. For jet jobs they are looking at several things but one important one is turbine PIC.