View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 09:21 AM
200SR20

Originally Posted by heckler45 View Post
As a current student at DCA who is finishing up CAMEL I have to say that I am sitting on the fence with this one. I have had both good and bad experiences at DCA.

I am one of the fortunate students that has finished all their ratings right at or just above the minimums. This has saved me quit a bit of money. I have never un-sated a training flight either. With that being said it still has taken me almost a year to go from Private through Commercial. I don't really consider that accelerated. However I have seen first hand many of us who have passed students who have been here well over a year.

For those who are considering attending a big flying school I have one piece of advice. Conduct a self evaluation. Do you have good work/study ethics? Are you a type "A" personality? Does flying come naturally to you. Believe it or not some people just aren't meant to fly. And above all else are you a real go-getter? If you are any of the above then you should have no problem excelling through DCA!
I completely agree, I just finished with CAMEL and single engine add on. I started at DCA with no time and in 9 months I am a commercial pilot and monday I start CFI. DCA is only for those who have a real desire to become a pilot. I see plenty of guys everyday that jerk around and then they b***** about how much it costs... DUH your jerkin around and not workin what do you expect. Like Heckler said if you work hard you can be finished in no time with the minimums.