View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 07:44 PM
Hawaii50
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: 757 Left

Originally Posted by Opus View Post
Sailing,
I guess I just don't understand why we can't find somewhere in the middle,like splitting the difference between DOH and Relative Seniority. Then we'd both be equally ****ed/happy pending one's disposition. I don't know what DALPA is thinking but I hope it doesn't go to arbitration not because I do not believe our guys didn't make great arguments, with Blouch stating that we are equals, but rather for the harmony of the next 20 years it really would not be good for either group to outright win. I.E I don't want date of hire (don't shoot me fellow NWAers) because the disharmony and ill will that would cause for the next upteen years and the same argument goes for relative seniority.

I do hope calmer heads will prevail and the two sides will just split their differences in half and then we can ***** about it over beers in AMS or CDG or NRT. I'll buy the first round.
The DL argument now is relative seniority by equipment with the DC-9s in a separate category at the bottom. Widebody, narrowbody, DC-9. DL has the large majority of the large aircraft so that plan puts a larger number of DL guys near the top. Straight relative seniority would be in the middle of DOH and relative seniority by equipment.

Last edited by Hawaii50; 10-30-2008 at 07:51 PM.