View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 09:36 PM
Purpleanga
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by CaptainCarl View Post
I ain't losing my job because AMR told us to fly your routes. Now, if ALPA wanted to MAN UP and say, "HEY! That's Eagle's flying! TSA pilots: Stand down." I'm all for that. But ALPA didn't say that. In fact, they won't definitively say anything. Hell, all I hear out of them is: "Come on down boys and girls for our informational picketing at XYZ sporting event."

Pilots need to support each other. No one else will. No one else cares. We are the only ones who know what its like to go through what we go through to get where we are. Pilots, as a whole, need to come together as one and decide when ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Will it happen in my career? Maybe. I've got 45 good years left to wait and find out.
Good post. We're losing our job because of GJ. They're hiring while we're furloughing. Our pay comes from the same people, same company. Anything wrong with that? I'm all for sticking up for one another and if not then at least for your own pilot group to make it a better place so that others may follow. However I'm not for supporting contract workers who are only there because of the AA 50+ seat scope that prohibits TSA from flying 50+ seat airplanes but not their PILOTS. The AE deal is over, they're getting their airplanes that many of us had no control over or even knew about. AE is not furloughing, they might even be hiring.