View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 05:14 AM
sailingfun
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by Opus View Post
Well, fuzzy math then. I go from 67% (a point of contention but I will be moving up to the fifty percentile within the next five years) on our current nwa list and on the DAL list, as proposed, I would be 74% of the total pilot group. It would take ten years to get back to the seniority number I would have today if we went date of hire.

As for rumors on movement. Absolutely, if DAL is willing to come to the table and meet with us I can assure we would move off of our position to a more neutral position if DAL was willing to do the same.

I am confused on how you will move up that much unless you are counting on early retirements. NWA like Delta has no scheduled retirements the next 4 years. You also are forgetting a key point. Lets say you are at the 60% point at NWA and when the list is done you stay exactly at that point. You now will hold better and higher paying equipment on the combined list because of the new fleet makeup which will have a higher percentage of bigger equipment. Someone had posted the exact number but I believe that the average fleet size at Delta was about 20 percent larger then NWA using the fleets on 14 Apr 08. The reverse occurs for a Delta pilots at 60% on both lists. His ability to hold equipment is reduced since the overall fleet sized is reduced.